UPDATE: SEPTEMBER 28, 2017 – I have upgraded the node from the Beagle Bone Black to the Raspberry Pi 2. I added the latest version of the HAMVOIP software. It is still using the Kenwood TM-D710 as the node radio running 5 watts into a dual band vertical.  Here is a photo:


In November 2014 I started a Beagle Bone Black Allstar node. Thanks to the hard work of Doug WA3DSP and others the setup of the node was easy and it works well. It originally used a Baofeng UV-5R with a mag mount mobile antenna running .5 watts and the Advance Repeater Systems Allstar USB Interface. Here is a photo of the original node:


As of November 2015, the node is running 5 watts off of my Kenwood TM-D710 to a dual band vertical in the attic. Here is the new picture of the node with the URI:



Check the current status of Node 41362

For more information on Allstar nodes using BBB and Raspberry Pi please visit WA3DSP’s site at: